Thursday 6 January 2022

New Book I Wish It Were Raining Available!

Finally, the day is here! My latest picture book, I Wish It Were Raining, is avialable to buy! 

I Wish It Were Raining - By Mark Towers


With 16 double-page illustrations, this is my most ambitious effort to date. To say I'm a little drained after the effort put in to this one would be an understatement. 

I wrote the first draft of this simple rhyming story several years ago, and it stayed in a folder of other "stuff" for a while. A few months ago I decided to dust it off, make some improvements and contemplated seeking an established publisher. Certainly, I'd rather work with a publisher (and an agent, if there's one interested!), so, I'm not really an indie publisher by choice. 

However, I really enjoyed doing the artwork for Strawberry Scoreberries last year, so I decided to give the illustrating another go. Publishers prefer to work with their own illustrators (unless you're an established writer/illustrator), so I knew it would have to go the indie route again. I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with the illustrations and the book overall. 

So, you now know the title, what is it all about? Well, here's the sales pitch. "Sun, wind, snow, rain - What weather do you wish for, and what would you do? Maybe it's splashing in puddles all day or flying a kite as it soars like a bird in the windiest of winds. As the stars twinkle at the end of a busy day playing outside, every child looks forward to the biggest goodnight hug before bedtime. I Wish It Were Raining is written in a playful rhyme with weather-inspired scenes to spark a child's imagination." Oh, and like my other books to date, there are a few puzzles at the back.

  Here's the promotional video for you to (hopefully) enjoy!
Buy I Wish It Were Raining.

No comments: